COVID 19 Announcement
After a lengthy closure due to the restrictions of the COVID 19 - Coronavirus we are pleased to announce that WRIGHTWAY HILLWALKING will be open again for business from Wednesday 15th July.
Our reopening is in accordance with the Scottish Government's Phased Return Policy (as part of Phase 3) where Scotland is expected to reopen for tourism activities from the 15th July.
To comply with the Scottish Government's Guidelines, Wrightway Hillwalking have obtained the ‘We’re Good To Go’ standard and industry recognition where businesses across all sectors of the tourism industry in Scotland can demonstrate that they're adhering to the respective government and public health guidance, and have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment to check they have the required processes and protocols in place.
Wrightway Hillwalking have therefore adopted the following COVID 19 Risk Policy and Approach to ensure that our customers can book with confidence and to provide assurance for their booked activity.
COVID 19 Risk Policy and Approach
- If you or any members or your household are showing symptoms of COVID-19 at any time within 14 days prior to the start time of a booked event then you MUST not attend. You should follow NHS advice accordingly should this situation arise.
- Refunds or Alternative Dates (if available) will both be offered to the participant.
- Social Distancing – The Guide and participants will agree to follow the 2-metre threshold as per social distance recommendation throughout the activity where it is possible to do so. Participants from the same household must adhere to this in relation to where other members of the party are concerned.
- All attendees must agree to carry a face mask covering and/or a buff and agree to wear it should an occasion arise where their guide asks them.
- All participants should also carry their own hand sanitiser.
- Participants own items and personal belongings such as equipment, food and sanitiser should not be shared with other members of the group.
- The guide will carry as part of their first aid kit, a supply of hand sanitisers, disposable gloves and Facemask covering should it be necessary for him/her to provide First Aid.
- Travelling in shared transport to the event location is not recommended at this current stage (except where participants are from the same household).
- The possibilities of transmitting Covid-19 in an outdoor environment are reduced, however Wrightway Hillwalking cannot be held liable if you are exposed to Covid-19 whilst on the activity or if any participant does not adhere to the risk policy guidelines that we have set out.
- Should a participant begin to show Covid-19 symptoms whilst on an activity, the participant will be escorted safely off the hill and the event will subsequently be cancelled. It may not be possible in these circumstances to offer a refund.
The above regulations will remain in place until communicated otherwise by Wrightway Hillwalking or Phased Lock Down Regulations are completely removed as per Scottish Government Guidelines.
Last updated 5th July 2020